We’ve been eyeing Beam & Anchor for a little while now and last night we finally made it in during their Valentine’s Day trunk show.
Below are some of my favorite things.
1. Northwesterner 12″ Grey and Tan by Wood & Faulk
2. Suzy Earrings by Katie Diamond Jewelry
3. Fold Over Clutch in Cognac by Clare Vivier
4. Black Heart Herkimer Studs by Better Late Than Never
5. Iuvo Bracelet by Stone & Honey
6. Astrology Wall Calendar by Prismatic Print Shop
7. Natural Collar by Found My Animal
All images copyright respective owners.
Check out our Made in Portland Pinterest board.
Red Valentino reminds me I do not own enough knee high stockings.
It also makes me want to watch Kamikaze Girls.
Images by Jessica Breedlove
Dear Young Artist,
Painting is a social act and develops out of a community. Find your community.
Trust your intuition and taste. Taste is a moral code.
Understand art that you don’t “get.”
High art defines what we see. We see culturally. Seeing is a variable determined by that with which we are assaulted. A new vision and a new art should be the aspiration of high art.
Work as hard as you can to develop craft skills.
Read all you can and remember that by the time you’ve read it a large part of what you read is obsolete.
You have the audience you deserve. To enlarge or improve your audience requires all the energy you have. You get back what you put out.
If you fail, at least you should have learned something.
Letters to a Young Artist